Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bible Study Question #3

Your Spiritual Survival Kit: Daily Questions
These online questions are posted as an additional resource for the Bible study series Your Spiritual Survival Kit.  They are not required to go through the group study.  Rather, they are here to provide you with food for thought and spiritual reflection.  You are also welcome to post your own answer or reaction to each question as a comment here on this blog.  Just remember to respect the opinions and responses of others.  Blessings!

3.      What is your favorite Bible story or part of the Bible?  Why?

1 comment:

  1. Of course I love the Gospels and the writings of Paul, but I still remember a special Sunday school lesson from kindergarten when I was given a "Jonah and the Whale" puzzle. I was amazed at the story of Jonah being saved from drowning and swallowed by a fish. All to get him to do what God told him and call the town of Ninevah to turn from their evil ways. As an adult re-reading that story, I see the mischievous humor of a God who goes to enormous lengths to get us to love each other. If God is really trying to get our love to line up with his, he has a truly God-sized task before him. I still have a special place in my heart for Jonah. I see in him so much of the me that wants things my way. And still God loves him, saves him, sends him back to work, and puts up patiently with his self-centered grumpiness. He does all this for Jonah, and for me too.

    ReplyDelete