Tuesday, December 7, 2010

September


It feels like a whole new beginning. After holding our breath for 6 months hoping and praying that our congregation would be able to hold together financially, we’ve seen the Lord bless us with steadily growing income in 2010. I want to thank you for your faithful giving and thank our council for replacing the 5% of my salary that I declined for the first 6 months of the year. Not only that, they generously granted me a 1% cost of living increase. All this gives me the freedom to continue serving as your full-time pastor and to continue our partnership in God’s work.
Summer Day Camp was a big success. Thanks to all our donors who made this wonderful program financially feasible. Three wonderful counselors, Drew, Daniel and Emily, spent 5 full days praying and playing with 17 children at this, our first Day Camp. I can’t remember when I’ve seen so many big bright smiles on young faces.
You wouldn’t know it to look at the thermometer, but summer is over. School is up and running and we’re looking forward to a busy September. The weekend of the 12th I’ll be heading over to Orlando with the youth for the Rock the Universe weekend at Universal Studios theme park. My schedule makes it difficult to attend many events with the youth, so I am grateful to the council for granting me a Sunday to spend a full weekend of quality time with our young people.
Sunday school will be starting at the end of the month. Outreach is planning some great outings. Confirmation class will start meeting and of course, our Helping Hands food pantry will continue their outstanding work for those in need. It’s all happening at Atonement — can’t wait to see you there!
Peace, Pastor Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment